Keep Your Personal Information Safe From Hackers
After using a strong password, it is also important to keep it and other confidential information safe. The followings are some methods to keep confidential information safe from hackers.
- Be sure about who you are giving your personal or financial information to. Don’t give out personal information on the phone, through the mail or over the Internet unless you’ve initiated the contact or know who you’re dealing with.
- Before you dispose your old computer or mobile phone, get rid of all the personal information stored therein. Use a Wipe utility program known as Hard Disk Eraser to overwrite the entire hard drive.
- Install and use Anti-Spyware Program to protect against User’s Activity Monitoring and Identity Theft i.e.: password and other sensitive data.
- Protect yourself from Phishing; do not click links or download files, send from unknown persons. You need to also observe link or file thoroughly before clicking or downloading them, link or file may be harmful or link may contain fraudulent link requesting for information that may lead to financial loss.
- Keep your password strong and private by storing them in an encrypted storage device, do not save your confidential information online (i.e. Email, browser, mobile application, a password manager, etc.) and be sure about who you are giving your personal or financial information to.
Complete protection, according to above information and regular protection updates by checking, apply latest protection updates and repeating the same protection periodically; i.e monthly is recommended. You also need to observe link or file thoroughly before clicking or downloading them, file could be a harmful file or link could be a fraudulent link requesting your information that may lead to financial loss.