Web browsers are developed and configured by default to store login credential and information like username and password, credit card details, cookies, visited website history, forms data, downloads and etc. These information could be stored automatically or manually (alert user if want to save the information) just for quick, easy and continual or persistence usage on the web browser.
In popular web browsers, configuration of Basic security and privacy settings on Web Browsers may help user to disable automatic logging and storing of data in web browser.
Users face cyber attacks mostly when using web browser to access information on the internet. understanding the importance of web browser security will also help user to recognize types of attacks hackers usually launch towards or through web browser and protection application and methods for each attack is what is needed to remain safe.
Best Protection Methods for Securing Your Web Browser Against Cyber Attacks:
- Avoid storing sensitive data: Web browser can store username and password, credit card details, cookies, visited website history, forms data, downloads and etc. Web browser should be configure in way information is store by user confirmation or never store any information because any information store in browser could be easily retrieved or captured by hacker.
- Clear browsing history: Clearing browsing history periodically; daily or after using web broswer is recommended so no one retrieve your data or browsing history on web browser.
- Avoid visiting malicious website: Website without SSL Security are not safe, any information apply in form application (i.e Login or Registration Form) on such website with SSL is not encrypted. Web browser could also get infected with web browser parasite (also know as adware or malvertising program) through a click of unwanted banner or annoying Advertisement – such media appear repeatedly. Installation and use of Adware removal program can help wipe off this malware.
- Keep Browser Up-to-Date: Web browser can be updated by uninstalling present web browser on computer and download latest and updated version of web browser from developer’s website. Alternatively, some Software Updater Program can also be used for updating internet application software like web browser.
- Remove Unnecessary Plug-ins: Web browser Plug-ins are installed to allow third-party developers to create specific functions, to add new features easily, and to expand functionality. Allowing Plug-ins may lead to installation of malicious software.
- Disable Unnecessary Browser Extensions: Browser extensions are one of malicious program that hackers use to lure and trick users to reveal sensitive information unknowingly. Hackers (maker of malicious browser extensions) usually make software seems as useful browser extension but hacker original intention is to spy and steal data store or passing through the web browser while the web browser is installed and active.
- Use VPN Browser Extension: VPN or Virtual Private Network is program or service that help users remain anonymous and data passing through web browser encrypted. Best VPN software and service provider gives VPN software that work on various platforms and for application including web browser. Browser extension can be installing on browser directly and user can also change IP address through the server location provided by the internet vpn provider. Continue reading
Above detailed information are best protection applications and methods for securing web browsers. It recommended to see different ways to configure security and privacy settings popularly used web browsers like Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera and Microsoft Edge.